Monday, September 17, 2012

Finish Well

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.              (Hebrews 12:1-3)
 
For the past three months I have been working on a project that has consumed a lot of time and energy and deprived me of much-needed sleep.  While the project itself is not complete, my initial contribution is finally finished despite the detour created by an unforeseen job loss three months ago.  Since then I have prayed my way through this project one day at a time, persevering in the task before me with the knowledge that the circumstances which slowed me down were beyond my control.

Sometimes life throws us a challenge that can derail us on our journey--if we allow it to.  Whether or not we recognize or care to admit it, those challenges often come as attacks of the enemy, who knows that our accomplishment of a particular goal or task is God's plan for us and will further His kingdom on earth.  The enemy will stop at nothing to hinder our progress because he doesn't want the kingdom of God to receive a blessing or the Lord to receive glory as a result of our obedience to His will.

As I worked through this project, despite the added stress of taking on a new full-time job and dealing with the fallout of a financial reversal, I never quit, though many times I felt I could not take another step.  I know that God will honor the effort that has been poured into this project and that many people will be blessed, edified, and encouraged because I trusted in Him and relied on His strength to do what I, in my own strength, could not have done.

If you know that God has given you an assignment and you find yourself opposed by people, hindered by unforeseen circumstances, or bombarded with constant distractions, hang in there and keep putting one foot in front of the other.  "Inch-by-inch, it's a cinch!"  With God's help, you can  finish well.


Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment