Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Eve of the New Job

'Twas the eve of the new job and all through my mind
Came the question that nagged me, "How will I find time
To do all I now do plus work forty hours,
Run errands, keep house, and feed yours, mine, and ours?"
Already I'm tired from the thoughts I've been thinking
From prayers that I've said and from too little sleeping
But God this door opened so through it I'll go
With assurance He's with me and a heart full of joy
Tomorrow is coming and soon I will say
"Can't wait til next Friday, when I will get paid!"
God's strength I depend on day in and day out
Wherever I go, with thanksgiving I'll shout
Praises only a God so amazing deserves
As I do all I can, my employer to serve




Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

1 comment:

  1. WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR? I DON'T KNOW WHICH I SHOULD PUT ON THE COMMENT SECTION. I DON'T USUALLY COMMENT. PRAISE GOD FOR YOUR JOB. A. MARIAN

    ReplyDelete