Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Living with Confident Expectation

In my second devotional book, A Pleasing Aroma: Inspiring Devotions for Joyful Living, I wrote a devotional about God's provision entitled "The Little Things."  It was the story about a time when God wow'd me by providing exactly the number and style of heavy duty curtain hooks I needed for some custom made curtain panels I ordered from an out-of-state hospital curtain supplier so we could partition off a section of the women's robe room at church for costume storage.  When I went to the store to shop for the curtain hooks I had no idea how many grommets were on those curtain panels, but God did.  And he took me to a Wal-Mart where I purchased every packet they had on the rack, not one hook more or less than I needed and at the lowest possible price!  How great is our God!

In the wake of my husband's recent and unexpected job loss, God continues to show himself faithful in small ways that make a big difference.  With no way to pay for an annual check up for our dog, the vet agreed to forgo the necessary exam and simply prescribe the monthly heartworm prevention our dog needs to stay healthy.  Simple phone calls to a couple of doctors have resulted in reduced costs for back-to-school shots and exams, a good thing since we also lost our medical coverage.  A friend brought us dinner one night, which was such a blessing as I was too emotionally spent to think about dinner that day.  Another helped me find a free mattress to replace my son's badly deteriorated one so his back won't hurt.  The list goes on.

How thankful we are for a God who knows just what we need and how to supply it.  We live with confident expectation that he is lining up the perfect jobs for my husband and me and preparing us in the meantime to be wow'd once again.  That's our God, doing immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20) and working all things together for our good (Romans 8:28)!



Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment