Friday, June 29, 2012

What's Up, Doc?

Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” (Mark 9:24-25, NKJV)

My all-time favorite cartoon character is Bugs Bunny.  That "wascally wabbit" was a no-nonsense, jovial, wise-cracking mammal who made the best out of even the most precarious situation in ways that always brought a smile to my face.  Why can't I be more like Bugs?

Right now my family is going through a tough time as the result of an unfortunate series of events.  We didn't choose them but God has allowed them. I know that.  I know that God is in control and yet I still find myself asking, "What's up, God?"  I feel like the enemy is hot on our heels, much like the Coyote in pursuit of RoadRunner, but there is no Acme Instant Job or winning lottery ticket to bail us out.  More than laughter and good luck, which carried Bugs Bunny through the worst of times, our problems are going to require much faith in a God that is bigger than the struggles we face.  Faith we cannot see or feel, but faith to trust in the God who sees everything.  Faith to remember his faithfulness in the past and his promise to provide for us one day at a time.

What is the struggle you are facing today?  Rather than dive into a rabbit hole to escape your dilemma, are you prepared to stand and face your giant knowing that a sling and a stone in your hand trumps the most sophisticated weapon in your enemy's arsenal?  Can you accept the fact that God has allowed your circumstances, that he is not ever caught off-guard by anything that happens to you, and that he has a good plan and purpose for you (Jeremiah 29:11) even if you cannot see it with your earthly eyes?

If your faith seems a little shaky, don't condemn yourself for a lack of faith.  Rather, pray and ask God for more faith and more of him. 






Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well.

    Have a blessed day!

    In Christ,
    Dakota - A Look at Life from a Deerstand

    ReplyDelete