Monday, June 11, 2012

A Day without Coffee

Minute Maid's famous slogan, "A day without orange juice is like a day without sunshine," skillfully employed the power of suggestion to create a thirst for nature's healthy morning beverage.  Millions of Americans, including me, took that slogan to heart by buying orange juice by the gallons.  As much as orange juice is a part of the morning breakfast menu for many, coffee has become my favorite morning and afternoon pick-me-up.  A day without coffee is a day without sanity, in my case!

This afternoon my beloved under-the-counter coffee maker failed me after eleven years of faithful service.  But I am not giving up on my trusted friend.  I am hoping that an overdue vinegar cleansing will perk up my favorite appliance so that I can face the world with a smile and a cup of fresh-brewed coffee in the morning. 

Lord, it's the simple things in life that often give us the greatest pleasure -- a cup of coffee to start our day, the refreshment of an afternoon thunderstorm to quench the thirst of parched lawns and flowers, and a good book to pass the time and stimulate our imagination.  Thank you for all your good gifts and for caring about all that concerns your children.  Thank you for friends who give us cappuccino makers so we can enjoy our coffee on a rainy day, even when the coffee maker takes the day off!







Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment