Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Move It, Move It, Move It!

For the past three and a half years, maybe longer, I have felt much like Sergeant Carter in my own household as I have routinely barked commands at my teenager to "Move it, move it, move it!"  I don't know what the school system was thinking when it set a 7:00 a.m. start day for high school students, but obviously someone thought it would be entertaining to see the lengths some parents would go to as they battled the circadian rhythm of the teenage population.  Don't they know that teenagers are not morning people?!

Today is perhaps the last day I will have to threaten drastic measures to get my son out of bed so he can get to school.  You see, my son's senior year is coming to an end and he will be graduating and  moving on to bigger and better things.  For me this day could not have come sooner!

Sadly, many of us are guilty of spiritual laziness and often justify our failure to reach God's potential because we are too busy handling more important matters.  But we must realize that our time on this earth is rapidly coming to a close.  There isn't much time to reach the lost ones around us or accomplish God's purposes for our lives.  Salvation of the lost is God's highest priority and should be ours, too.

If there is something God has placed on your heart to do -- a call to make, a need to meet, or some word of encouragement to give to someone who is desperate for a breakthrough -- what are you waiting for?  Get up, pray up, and move it, move it, move it!!!



Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

1 comment:

  1. "Wooohooo"!! Keep it moving,whew those were the years,yes thank God they've ended LOL!! Have a good day Dee Dee love you.

    ReplyDelete