Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Keeping It Real

My family helps me "keep it real"


Being a published author is not the life of glamour and excitement one might think.  Just like many of you, I live an ordinary life of working, raising children, managing a household, and navigating the problems of life as gracefully as I know how.  There is no housekeeper to wash my laundry and clean my toilets, no chef to feed my family, or chauffeur to drive my kids to school.  I am as financially challenged as anyone, living paycheck to paycheck.  I get fussy with my husband and kids, battle with anger and overeating at times, and spend too much time on the computer and too little time taking in the wonder of God's creation and the life-changing truths of his Word.  Why others look to me for advice or inspiration is a mystery to me.  I can only surmise that it's not because of who I am, but because of whose I am.

You see, I have discovered a God who loves me, cares intimately about every detail of my life, and brings joy to even the most challenging of my days.  A long, long time ago I made the decision to ask forgiveness for my sins and receive Jesus' free gift of salvation.  I didn't instantly become a spiritually mature woman of God.  In fact, I took a seven-year long detour into a very sinful lifestyle which was nearly the death of me.  God finally broke through my stubborn insistence that I knew what was best for me and convinced me that his ways are better, so I surrendered every area of my life to him and began walking in obedience to his Word. 

The reality of having a victorious Christian walk is that every day requires surrender.  I still struggle with sin and will continue to until Christ takes me home to heaven.  But I have accepted by faith that God is real and I continue to be amazed by all he has done in my life.  After all, who but God could turn this wretched sinner into a writer or take the mayhem of my life and turn it into a ministry?

My two devotional books, Good to the Last Drop and A Pleasing Aroma, are spiritual snapshots of the reality of living in a fallen world and how God's relevant Word applies to all we face day in and day out.  If you click on the book titles in this paragraph you can take a look inside the books for a sampling of what I have written.  Both books are available from most online booksellers and can be ordered from your local bookstore.  They are also available in Kindle format at www.amazon.com or Nook format at www.bn.com, as well as eBook format at www.tatepublishing.com.  Signed copies can be purchased directly from me at www.deedeewike.com.

My prayer is that God will help us all realize that by having a personal relationship with him through Jesus and walking through our days in the power of his Holy Spirit, we can find true joy and make a difference in the lives of those around us.


Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment