Thursday, May 17, 2012

How Much is Too Much?

After I switched on the cappuccino maker so I could brew the coffee needed for my latte, I poured water into the reservoir of my coffee maker, scooped coffee into the filter basket, then flipped the timer switch so I would awake to fresh-brewed coffee.  It was at that precise moment that I finally admitted the ugly truth...I am addicted to coffee!

One of my earliest childhood memories is having "coffee milk" as a very small child.  My mom has always been a coffee drinker and shared her love for coffee with me at a young age.  While I normally have more than one cup during the day, I don't think I ever consumed a half gallon of coffee until today.

Although I think I have finally ascertained that it is possible for me to have too much coffee in one day, there is one thing I will never grow tired of consuming -- the Living Water of Jesus Christ and the truths of his Word.  I will most certainly have to reduce my coffee consumption so I can sleep better at night, but I will never stop drinking from the Fount of every blessing or feasting at the table Jesus has prepared for me (Psalm 23:5).



Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment