Sunday, April 8, 2012

More than Ever

I spent most of my Easter Sunday with family and stayed away from the computer for several hours.  Quite honestly, that was a refreshing change of pace.   I even treated myself to a much needed and long overdue drive in the country with no kids, no husband, and no radio. It was just Jesus and me with a cup of Starbucks and a cool breeze blowing through the open windows on a gloriously quiet two-hour drive.  I didn't think, pray, or sing for the first hour and a half of the drive.  I just let my mind empty itself of every burden I have carried for my family, friends, and myself and I simply listened.  Then I worshipped, singing prayers of rededication and praise to God and returning home refreshed and renewed.

After dinner I logged onto the computer to see what my Facebook friends had been up to all day and came to the conclusion that more than ever we desperately need God.  There is so much hurt and so much need among us that I felt compelled to post the following prayer:

In the name of Jesus....God deliver the one who is addicted, the one who sits by the hospital bed of a loved one who is desperately ill, the prodigal who doesn't even know he is lost, the lonely one who so longs to be loved, the financially destitute one who can't feed her children or pay his bills, the emotionally afflicted one whose hurt is unbearable, the one whose body has been ravaged by cancer and chemo, the wife whose husband has been unfaithful, the child who has been neglected or abused....oh God, the list is long!  You know every name and every need. Most of all, Lord, help that lost one find their Savior on this Resurrection Day. Use those of us who know you to make a difference in the lives of the least of these...for your glory. Oh, Jesus! Bind back Satan and bring peace, healing, provision, and salvation to us!  We need you now, more than ever!


More than ever we need to pray for one another and be the hands and feet of Jesus to the people around us.  They need what we have -- peace, joy, and hope.  God may not have a "share" button we can push so others can know him, but he has us!  If we will walk the walk instead of talking the talk and love others as Christ as loved us, then we will be the hands and feet of Jesus to a hurting, dying, desperate world.  God has given us the power of his Holy Spirit and the resources to help others in need.  Why aren't we doing more?


Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment