Thursday, March 8, 2012

Making Time

Lately all it seems I do is drive from point A to point B and back again.  I am in a season of my life (a brief one, thankfully) that has me driving three hours per day and putting about seven hundred miles on my car each week.  Sadly, unlike a lot of truck drivers I know, I am not getting paid for all this driving but I am getting to see a lot of beauty along the highway as spring continues its blooming march toward summer.

While I am not complaining about all this commuting, I must admit I am a tad frustrated that I have fifteen fewer hours per week to manage my household, write, read, and study.  There is very little time to market my books or look for speaking engagements, but I have a lot of time to pray and ponder over what might lie ahead after this season of chauffeuring has ended.

There are those overachievers who would say that we can make time for the things that are really important to us, but I am not so sure.  I am still trying to figure out how to make time for all the things I want and need to do when there is so little time to work with!

I am still making time for the things that really matter -- my time with the Lord each day, praying and studying his Word; caring for the needs of my family; and making sure I pray for those in need.  For now, I am getting back to the basics and looking for God's lessons along the way.

Everyone is pressed for time these days.  The question is, are we making time to do the things that really matter from God's perspective?  Rather than be frustrated about what time we don't have, let us pray that God will help us make the best of the time we do have!  As we do our best with this precious commodity, I believe he will bless our efforts, however inconsequential they may seem to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment