Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Different Plan

Each day I rise to meet the Lord
To read, to pray and plan
The work that He has given me --
To reach the souls of man.
My list I make with things to do,
Too many things to mention,
But oftentimes He'll change my plan
To accomplish His own intention.
Although my plan might noble be
At the start of each new day,
Sometimes God has a different plan
To do things in His own way.
As I submit my plans to Him
I know that come what may,
He'll work through me to encourage someone
In His own special way.
Sometimes the work I plan to do
Is done at the end of the day.
But if indeed He intervenes,
I can trust in His better way.
When I surrender my plans to Him,
Of this I can be sure --
Each step I take with Him to guide
Is one great big adventure!
If sometimes God does something
That your mind can't understand,
Just know His best will come to you
When You follow His different plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment