Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Girl Can Dream

And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. -- Joel 2:28, NIV
No one will ever give me the title of "Biggest Loser" -- I love food too much for that and simply don't have time to exercise -- but I am without a doubt in the running for "Biggest Dreamer."  My dream life has always been very active, resulting in chronic sleep deprivation as my mind works overtime to process what is on my mind and in my heart.

Last night I had wonderful dreams!  Dreams so good that I woke up thirty minutes before the alarm was set to go off even though I'd only had about four hours sleep.  In my dream I re-enrolled as a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (third time's a charm, right?).  I said to my director, "Maybe this will open the door for me to meet some of favorite people."  Immediately Beth Moore walked through the door!  Oh, how we laughed when I hugged her and told her what I had just said to my director!  Beth Moore is at the top of the list of people I want to meet because of her passion for God's Word.  Next, after half-heartedly throwing my name into the drawing for a new Honda Odyssey, I learned that I had won the minivan!  (I have been praying for an affordable used car for our family, but I like the notion of winning a new one much more!)  All three things occurred in my dream within a thirty minute period.

Joseph, an ordinary boy whose father loved him more than his brothers, was a dreamer, too.  When he shared his dreams with his family his dreams nearly got him killed!  After being cast into a well by his brothers, who were consumed by jealousy, and imprisoned for a long time because of a woman consumed with lust, God exalted Joseph to a place of leadership and put him in the position to do good to many, including his own brothers who had forsaken him and left him for dead.

What is your dream today?  Perhaps your dream is to make a lot of money, have a lot of influence, or be younger physically that you are chronologically.  Or maybe you dream of making a difference in the lives of the people around you by doing the things that God dreams of -- walking in obedience to His Word, knowing and doing His will, and serving others by shouldering their burdens and encouraging them as they face the challenges of living in a fallen world.  If your dream is not something that is consistent with God's will for you, then pray that He will place His dream in your heart and fulfill it according to His purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment