Thursday, March 15, 2012

Take God at His Word

A few months back I found myself stranded at a Sonic Drive-In with a car that would not start.  With no money in the bank and payday half a week away, the last thing we needed was an expensive car repair!  I took out my smart phone and searched the Internet for a cause while a friend who knows cars stopped by to see if he could help us get the car started.  We found what we thought might be the cause, but still unsuccessful at fixing the problem, we eventually had to call the auto club to request a tow.  All the while I kept thinking about God's promise in Malachi 3:11:

"I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit," says the LORD Almighty.
We are faithful givers despite our financial challenges.  Time and time again, God has protected us from raging storms despite an aging roof, kept our twenty-five year old refrigerator in good working order despite its less than lovely appearance,  and kept us cool in the summers and warm in the winters even though our air conditioning unit is nearly thirty years old.  How could I not trust Him again to keep his promise?

I spent two hours waiting for help to arrive and when it finally did, the tow truck driver confirmed what I suspected the problem to be -- our theft system needed to be reset so gas would get to the engine and our car would run.  As God would have it, the driver was able to reset the theft system and the car started perfectly.  Our only expense was the $5.00 tip I paid the driver for his trouble.

No matter what challenge you are facing today, know that you can count on God to keep his promise to provide what you need.  If you don't know his promises, read your Bible!  You will find it full of promises you can depend on.


No comments:

Post a Comment