Monday, July 11, 2011

The Curse of a Creative Mind (A Blog about Absolutely Nothing)

It's midnight...a time when normal working people should be in bed resting from the day just past and resting up for the day ahead.  But where am I?  Sitting at this stupid keyboard wishing I could squeeze  just another hour or two out of an already long day.

Having a creative mind is not really a curse, but it does frustrate me at times that I don't have the luxury of sitting down at my computer and really pouring myself into a really worthwhile project.  Real writers read a lot and research more than I do, but some days I feel like I must write or bust!  That's where a blog comes in handy.  In a sense I can release the creative juices simmering in my mental slow cooker so my mind can relax enough to allow me to get to sleep.  Never mind that I'll be dreaming all night long.  That truly is the curse of this creative mind!

The day will dawn early on a busy week.  Fortunately, I'm on vacation so perhaps there will be a little more time for creative thinking than I would normally have in any given day.  Who knows?  And who even really cares?  Now that I've vented, it's time to get some zzzzz's.  Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment