Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lazy, Hazy Summer? You've Got to be Kidding Me!

Whatever happened to the "lazy, hazy" part of summer?  Hazy we certainly have in these parts, but there is no part of my summer that has been lazy!  On the contrary, I am busier than ever and I'm not particularly crazy about it.  Between yard work, supervising busy (and accident-prone) kids, writing when I can find the time, and getting ready for the release of my second book, I've given up on getting it all done.  But if there is one thing I am determined to accomplish, it is weeding and mulch all of my azalea beds.  The way I figure it, I probably won't finish before the end of July but I WILL finish!

If you come to my house, you are sure to find dust bunnies and clutter inside.  But bit by bit, I plan to turn the yard and garden into a thing of beauty.  Already I have invested about 30 hours just in weeding, mulching, and planting.  I figure I have at least 70 hours more to go.   I have posted a few before and after photos below and will share more as the summer progresses.

If you run into the Mulch Fairy, please let him know that I could use a truckload of brown mulch.  If you drive by my house and see me hard at work in the azalea beds, be sure to toot your horn.  Better yet, run to Sonic and bring me a large sweet tea with lemon!








No comments:

Post a Comment