Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Indescribable

"Have you entered the storehouses of the snow or seen the storehouses of the hail, which I reserve for times of trouble, for days of war and battle?" -- Job 38:23

Chris Tomlin is one of my favorite Christian music artists and an absolutely brilliant lyricist.  His song, "Indescribable," tells of the wonders of God's creation.  The first time I heard this song I was especially intrigued by the line, "or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow," and completely amazed when I ran across a scriptural reference to the "storehouses of snow" in Job 38:22!  How awesome is our Creator and how marvelous are his works!

Much of the country is blanketed in snow as I write this, and we are having our heaviest snow storm this season.  As I enjoy the scenery from inside my cozy suburban home, I am thankful -- thankful for my family, the heat that keeps our house warm, clothing and blankets to keep our bodies warm, and sweet hot cocoa to savor as our family watches TV and enjoys a break from the fast pace of our ordinary lives.  These days don't come along often, particularly where we live, so I plan to make the most of this opportunity to enjoy my family and God's beautiful winter wonderland.



No comments:

Post a Comment