Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Burden Bearer

"Cast your burden upon the LORD, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." -- Psalm 55:22 (NASB)

Lately my energy level has been less than desirable.  I'm not sure whether that is because I have the winter blues (Seasonal Affective Disorder), am feeling the effects of age, or am simply busier than I ought to be.  The part-time job I took on a few months ago certainly has caused a change in my schedule, but I believe my fatigue simply boils down to living a challenging life in a very demanding world.

Thankfully, no matter what season of life we are in, Jesus is there to bear our burden with us.  The study notes in my Bible define burden as "what God has given you."  I like that!  "Cast what God has given you upon the LORD, and He will sustain you."   God gave me my job, my family, my writing, and areas of service within the Church, and he will give me the strength to do that which he has called me to do.  When I don't think I can take one more step, I can cast it all on him and rest in the promises of his Word.

What season of life are you in?  Each of us has our own unique set of challenges that can easily sap our energy and cause us to feel overwhelmed.  Whatever your situation may be, know that God is in it with you and that as you wait upon him, he will renew your strength and give you wings to soar as you live to fulfill his purpose for your life  (Isaiah 40:31).

No comments:

Post a Comment