Thursday, December 2, 2010

I Wonder As I Wander

"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" -- 2 Corinthians 9:15

Life is a journey.  As I wander through each day I often wonder why God allows certain things to happen or try to figure out his plans and purpose for my life.  We all have such questions and days when we can't quite seem to figure out what the journey is all about.  Don't we?

As Christmas draws near and we approach the beginning of a New Year, I wonder if, for just a few minutes, we could just spend some time soaking in the wonder of God's "indescribable gift" to us and stop trying to figure out all of life?  We get so caught up in finding all the answers that we overlook the only Answer that really matters -- Jesus.  "For poor, on'ry people like you and like I," the Savior came that we might have life abundantly, both now and forevermore.


I Wonder as I Wander
John Jacob Niles

I wonder as I wander out under the sky
How Jesus the Saviour did come for to die
For poor on'ry people like you and like I;
I wonder as I wander out under the sky

When Mary birthed Jesus 'twas in a cow's stall
With wise men and farmers and shepherds and all
But high from God's heaven, a star's light did fall
And the promise of ages it then did recall.

If Jesus had wanted for any wee thing
A star in the sky or a bird on the wing
Or all of God's Angels in heaven to sing
He surely could have it, 'cause he was the King

I wonder as I wander out under the sky
How Jesus the Saviour did come for to die
For poor on'ry people like you and like I;
I wonder as I wander out under the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment