Thursday, November 4, 2010

Beyond Over the Hill

"The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made." -- Psalm 145:13b

Today I turned fifty.  It wasn't so bad really, except for the pain in my right knee and my left wrist.   Just kidding!  I didn't wake up to find that I had new aches and pains this morning.  Much to my delight, I don't feel a day over forty-nine!

As I approached this milestone birthday with great anticipation, I kept remarking about being "over the hill."  Then it dawned on me that ten years ago was actually the real "over the hill" birthday.  Now that I'm fifty, I can wear my gray hair with pride and know that it is okay to just be me, cellulite and all.

If the past ten years are any indication, I am in for the ride of my life!  Time will continue to slip away a little faster now that I am on the downside of the hill, but I anticipate a thrill ride that will top anything Cedar Point or Disneyworld have to offer.  The past couple of years alone have been pretty exciting!  To have published a book and have a contract on a second one before the age of fifty was something I never dreamed of, yet it happened.  God has also provided me a new job, new friends, and real purpose for living. 

I have no idea what the future holds, but I'm pretty excited about all that lies ahead because I know my future is in God's hands.  He has it all planned out.  For my part, I plan to rise up each day and call him blessed as I surrender my plans to his perfect will.  When I turn sixty and look back on these next ten years, I know I will be even more amazed than I am today!

No comments:

Post a Comment