Monday, August 23, 2010

Living the Dream

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." -- Psalm 37:4

Every now and then it is good to look back and consider all that God has accomplished in our lives. Over the past few years, my life has taken many turns, some for better and some for worse, but God has been my faithful companion every step of the way. My great joy is knowing that He will continue to walk beside me all the days of my life as I live the dream placed in my heart many years ago by the loving God I now serve.

In the fall of 2008, I began an online devotional blog which I titled "Living the Dream -- Lessons from the Journey." At the time I was homeschooling my children and dealing with the challenges of parenting, making ends meet on one salary, and the brokenness I had suffered as the result of some personal losses. In my search for God's answers and healing, I began writing devotionals, which my readers encouraged me to compile into a book, Good to the Last Drop: Refreshing Inspiration for Homeschool Moms and Other Busy Women. Good to the Last Drop is relevant for most women, even those who do not homeschool, because it provides God's answers to the problems of everyday living which we all face. While Good to the Last Drop may never find its way to a bestsellers list, I give God the glory for using anything I have written to encourage others in their daily walk.

I recently completed work on a 366-day devotional for adults, Morning Whispers -- Inspiring Devotions to Start Your Day. Please pray for God's will and provision not only for the publication of Morning Whispers, but also for whatever ministry God chooses to open up as a result of these two books. Pray that I may clearly know God’s plan and purpose for my life and ministry and walk in obedience to it.

God has proven Himself faithful to me over and over. While I still feel greatly challenged in many areas of my life, I know that He has a good plan for me and will accomplish His purposes as I surrender myself daily to His will. He wants to do the same for you. The more you spend time getting to know Him through His Word and through prayerful conversation with Him, the more sensitive you will become to His leading. The desires of your heart will begin to resemble His purpose for your life, and soon you will find yourself living your own dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment